This delicious Pumpkin Soup recipe has a little kick to it that will leave you feeling warm and cosy on a cold, rainy day. Serve with warm buttered bread.
Ingredients and Method
- 1 Medium-sized pumpkin
- 1 Large onion
- 1 tsp Madras curry paste
- 400ml Coconut milk
- 200ml Vegetable/chicken stock
- 2 tsp Vegetable oil
- Fresh cream or vegan alternative
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chop the onion and gently fry it in vegetable oil on medium heat in a cooking pot until soft.
- Add curry paste to the pot with onion and stir in.
- Add pumpkin flesh to the pot and stir to coat it with the curry paste.
- Lower the heat and cover the pot with a lid.
- Let it simmer for 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally until the flesh is soft.
- Add coconut and stock to the pot and stir in well.
- Leave to simmer for 20 - 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- With a hand blender or food blender, blend the mixture until smooth.
- Swirl with fresh cream to serve.
- Optional step - toast pumpkin seeds in the oven for 15 minutes at 180 degrees to serve on top.