This delicious green bowl of goodness will leave you feeling full, energised and satisfied. The halloumi croutons add an extra salty crunch that pairs perfectly with this quick pea soup recipe. Inspired by Madeleine Shaw.
Ingredients and Method
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Celery, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp Italian herbs or thyme
- 600g Frozen peas
- 500ml Stock
- 1 Pack of Halloumi, cubed
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- To make the soup, fry the onion in the olive oil for 2 minutes then add the celery, garlic and herbs and fry for another 6 minutes.
- Then add the peas, stock, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
- To make the croutons, pour a bit of oil in a pan and fry the halloumi for 5-7 minutes until the halloumi is golden brown.
- Plate up the soup, drizzle some oil and the croutons and dig in.
- Any extras can be frozen for a later date.