Carrot and Coriander Soup
A firm favourite amongst many, this Carrot and Coriander soup is easy to make and perfect for a healthy week night dinner.
Ingredients and Method
- 400g Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 Potato
- 1 White onion
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Litre Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 2-3 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- A pinch Salt & Pepper
- Handful of Coriander to serve
- Optional Double cream to serve
- Peel and cut carrots and slice into chunks then cut the potato in half.
- Prep the onion and garlic by dicing it up.
- Add boiling water to a jug and add the veg stock. Stir until evaporated.
- Add olive oil and salt & pepper to a saucepan or stock pot, wait until it's heated then cook the onion and garlic until brown.
- Add the carrots, potato and veg stock along with your spices, season with salt and pepper and let it simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until the carrots and potato have softened.
- Turn the heat off and use a hand blender to blend.
- Season or add more spices to suit your taste.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, double cream (optional) and coriander.